- You visit our website www.playcomputer.org
- Our programming software Plode
In simplified form (greater detail is below), our policy can be summarized as follows:
- We may collect some information about you, as described in this Policy, but you have some choices about how much you share about yourself.
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age on the website or Plode software.
- We will not sell your personal information but may share such information with our vendors and our Clients in connection with providing the Services.
- We may collect, use and share aggregated, anonymous information about our users.
PlayComputer Website – What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
Information you provide while using our services on playcomputer.org
Information that is necessary for the use of the Services.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use our Services:
- Account Information: When you sign up for the services you create a user account (“PlayComputer Account”), we require certain information such as your first name, last name and email address to provide you with access to your individual user account for playcomputer.org
- The information you provide through live chats as support: The Services also include live chat support, customer support, where you may send any questions to us regarding the Services. When you speak to one of our representatives regarding any question, issue or problem you may have, you will be asked to provide your contact information, a summary of the problem and any other information that would be helpful to us in resolving the issue.
The collection of this information by us is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. If the requested information is not provided, we may not be able or in a position to provide you with all the requested services or resolve your issues.
We retain your account information with us until you delete your PlayComputer Account. We also retain some of your information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations in resolving disputes, enforcing our agreements, supporting business operations and continuing to develop and improve the Services.
When you buy something from our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
IP Address: When you browse our website, we also automatically collect your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with the information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system and serve you a better site interfacing experience.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
Note: For security reasons, some of our services require a provision of contact information such as email address or phone number from you. This information is required to provide you with these Services. Please note that you are responsible for receiving consent if you use these Services on behalf of another person.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your Consent obtainment
The automatically collected information from your use of our website, app, and software services
When you use our services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information collection is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, which enables us to comply with legal obligations.
- Machine and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer or other devices you use to access our Services. This machine information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update or use our services. We also collect these types of your device information – IP address, your approximate location, URLs of referring, etc. to provide you with better service accessibility and experience.
Information collection upon transactions
Payment Transaction Related Information: PlayComputer may collect information related to your payment transactions through different Services we offer, including the product name, type of payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, tax amount, credit card number, credit card expiration date, cardholder name (if provided), basic information like first name, last name, phone, address, country, state, city, postal code, and other details connected with transactions.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say “no” to it.
Plode App – What personal information does PlayComputer collect about me?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our App, if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect the information.
In order to access the in-app courses, you need to make an account. During account creation, if the user is under 16 years old, we ask you for
- Guardian’s email
- Profile Picture
- Age (Not the Date of Birth)
If the user is above 16 years old, we ask you for
- User email id
- Profile Picture
- Date of Birth
We ask that you select a username that does not disclose your real name or other information that could identify you. Other users can see your username, but not your age, gender, or email address.
We collect any information that you provide to us when you do the in-app courses and create projects.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the App
You can learn more about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How Does Plode App (BiBox) Share my Personal Information?
We disclose information that we collect through the App to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology, and related infrastructure provisions, customer service, email delivery, and other services.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. We may seek your permission in various ways. For example, we may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you register to use the App or access certain content.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, such as school, school districts, and law enforcement, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Sharing & Disclosure
To comply with the law, we may disclose your personal information, if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Agilo Research may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary.
We use Razorpay, and Stripe for processing payments. We/Razorpay/Stripe do not store your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted by the respective payment gateways when processing payment. Your purchase transaction data is only used, as long as it is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is completed, your purchase transaction information or card details are not saved by the payment gateways.
Third Party Services
Our third-party service providers collect, use and disclose your information required and necessary for them to perform and maintain their services provided to us.
However, please take a note that certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies listed with respect to the information we need to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we request and advise you to read their privacy policies, so that you can understand how your personal information will be handled by these providers.
The important point to remember: third-party service providers may be in or have facilities that are governed affected by a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you choose to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on any links, they may direct you away from our site. In such case or scenarios, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements to understand how they use the information of users.
How we use the information we collect about you
We use, store and process the information we collect about you, to provide, maintain and develop our services. This enables us to create and maintain a safer and trusted environment for both the parties – You and Us and comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information, given our legitimate interest in improving our services, and where it is necessary and required for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
To provide, improve and develop our services
- Operate, protect and optimize services and experience
- Enable us to access and use services
- Provide customer services: to resolve technical issues, responding to questions or queries, improve services.
- If you provide us with your contact information, we may process the information for fraud detection and prevention and to serve any purpose you authorize at the time of information collection.
- We may contact you about your account or feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our app Terms of Service.
To create and maintain a safer and trusted environment for both the parties
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Detect and prevent any harmful activities such as spam, abuse, security incidents, etc.
- Enforce our terms and conditions – Agreement.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
To provide, personalize, and improve our advertising and marketing.
- Send you marketing, advertising, promotional messages, and other information based on your interest and preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook, Google, etc.
- Personalize and improve our advertising.
We use and process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section, given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
- Internal and Service-Related Usage: We use Personal Information for internal and App-related purposes, including to operate, provide, and maintain the App.
- Analytics and Improving the App: We and our service providers use Personal Information that we collect on the App, such as your location and your activities on the App, to monitor and analyze usage of the App and to improve and enhance the App.
- Communications: We may send emails to an email address you provide to us for customer-service or technical-support purposes, to send you information about topics or content that we think may interest you, or updates about the latest developments or features on the App. Parents and guardians who register their under-16-year-olds for Plode may also receive additional updates from PlayComputer and BiBox.
To help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration, we are continuously implementing security measures. We follow the industry best practice to ensure your information is not misused or accessed by any other party.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We may use the information from your use of our services for the below objectives: To recognize your computer when you visit our website.
- To track you as you navigate through our website.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To improve website usability.
- To help administer the website.
- To personalize the website for you, including targeting advertisements and promotional marketing which may be of your interest.
European users Data Protection Laws
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain protections under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and/or other applicable laws (collectively, the “Data Protection Laws”), and this section applies to your use of the Services. As used in this section, the terms “processing,” “processor,” “controller” and “personal data” have the meaning given to them in the Data Protection Laws.
Period for which personal data will be stored
We will store your personal data as long as necessary to provide the functionality of the Services. For example, we may store your personal data as long as your personal data is posted on or connected with any Events that you have attended, and/or as long as the Client is using such data for their own business purposes. We may also store your personal data as long as required by law.
Withdrawal of consent and restriction of processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by PlayComputer, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us notifications specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Where your personal information is used and processed for direct marketing and advertising purposes, at any time, you may ask us to stop processing your data for these direct marketing objectives by sending an e-mail to .
If our store is acquired by or merged with another company, your information and data may be transferred to the new owners, so that we may continue selling products/services to you.
Finally, you may have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws with respect to your personal data. Such rights may include, but are not limited to, the right to request access to your personal data, that your personal data be corrected or deleted, to restrict the processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise such rights, you may contact us at email@example.com Specifically, and without limiting your rights under the Data Protection Laws, you may do any of the following:
- request access to your personal data to be able to correct, amend, or delete such personal data where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles,
- request that your personal data not be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected or for purposes subsequently authorized by you; or
- request that we do not disclose your personal data to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as payment and data processors).
As described in this Policy, we may share personal data with third parties and may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org